Study in Canada

Every year more than two hundred thousand International students move into Canada. This is because studying in Canada is an enriching and rewarding experience for many students from around the world. Over 90 percent of Canada’s Universities and College graduates are employed in their field of study within six months after graduation and 93 percent of employers are satisfied with the graduates. 

Why Study in Canada?

There are graduate programs in Canada, Masters programs in Canada, Undergraduate programs in Canada, College programs in Canada, Business Schools in Canada, Law Schools in Canada, Medical Schools in Canada, Foundation Schools in Canada, Post-Secondary Schools in Canada, Colleges in Canada etc.

Admission Requirements

The most important thing to obtain is a student visa (permit), as this is often called, for the period of your visit to the country as a Canadian student. However, if your course or program lasts less than or equal to 6 months, you do not need a Canadian study permit.

Undergraduate requirements
Undergraduate requirements rely on the category of organization you choose, this is normally in the form of prerequisites and assessments that steer the processes associated in a certain university or college to deliver a degree that differs in different respects based on whether the student is a foreigner or a permanent resident.

For admission into undergraduate level, student must have completed twelve years of academic education, but for postgraduate level it is sixteen years. Below you can find undergraduate requirements for most Canadian Tertiary Institutions.

All applicants into undergraduate programs must submit:

A completed application form;

An official high school transcript (or attested copy) (if applicable);

Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (if any);

A detailed chronological résumé to demonstrate educational achievements, work experience, progression, community involvement, volunteer experience, and other related experience; and

A Letter of Intent (LOI) that clearly explains why the applicant is applying and outlines the student’s academic intentions.

Applicants who completed high school or any post-secondary study outside Canada must also submit:

Documentation confirming their high school completion was awarded, if not already indicated on official transcripts; and

Proof of English language proficiency.

Finally, it is important for you to know that major languages used in Canada are English and French. But most of the universities offer courses in English language. So, you need to show your efficiency by means of English Language tests. IELTS is most widely recognized and accepted English proficiency test in Canada, however, some universities and colleges accept TOEFL. The score that you must obtain in these language tests vary from institution to institution and course of study. Some universities even seek for other medium of English language test assessment. For MBA, students may be asked for two years of work experience before being admitted to the university. In most of the cases GMAT is compulsory for MBA students.

Getting Your Study Permit

Eligibility for a Canadian Study Permit
To be eligible for a Canadian visa, you must;

Have been accepted by a school, college, university or other Canadian educational institutions.

Must provide proof in the form of bank statements, receipts or certificates that you have enough money to pay for your Tuition and Living expenses.

Not have a criminal record and are not a security risk.

Be in good health.

For more information, Contact us.

City Life | Canada

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *